Wednesday, March 14, 2007

When I opened the email reading:

You're so wrong!!! (note the three exclamation points)

This most silent of cubes erupted in stifled laughter.

And why am I so wrong? Or, more specifically, why am I so wrong today? Today I am wrong because I harassed, maybe guilted, my local public radio station into giving me additional gifts for pledging money to them.

Tacky, I know. I am slightly embarrassed, really. Although, I think you might see that it was just a misunderstanding, really. And I apologized!

This morning I received an email from my local public radio station asking me to pledge money offering additional gifts only today! Covetous additional gifts, mind you! So, I hit reply and shot-off a playfully upset email pointing out that I pledged my support yesterday, yes, only yesterday, to find that they are offering coveted gifts today, including a DVD previewing a certain upcoming cable television show that I so badly want to see. (Look folks, I don't have cable, I donate that share of my income to public radio, so how else is this girl going to see the program, huh?)

Anyway, I assumed the unread email would lay to rest in some mass Chicago Public Radio email grave deep under the Navy Pier and Lake Michigan, only I got a response from the Manager of Listener Services offering me the aforementioned coveted gifts, in addition to the gift that I am already receiving, a kitty cat radio.

So, like lightening, I wrote Nick, who told me that I am so wrong!!!, I then wrote mentioned Manager of Listener Services and told her not to encourage my "baby behavior", but that I would be more than happy to accept her kind gifts all the same.

So, folks, that's the story of how tactless I can be and while I'm at it, have you pledged to your local public radio station? If you don't know which is your public radio station, pledge to mine.

No comments: