Thursday, March 22, 2007

If your life were a movie, what would the soundtrack be?

I stole this from PJs myspace blog.

Here's how it works:

1. Open your music library (I'm doing this with the assistance of my trusted ipod—new machine)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button (no cheating)

Gulp. Here goes:

Opening Credits: Breakout Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels

Waking Up: Les Jours Tristes Yann Tiersen (from the Amelie Soundtrack—does this count?)

First Day At School: Today/Yesterday The Projects

Falling In Love: I Don't Know What I Can Save You From Kings of Convenience

Breaking Up (first time, I guess?): Jaan Pehechaan Ho Mohammed Rafi

Prom: Come and Play in the Milky Night Stereolab

Life's OK: They Just Can't Stop It (The Games People Play) The Spinners

Break Up (for REAL this time): How Do You Let a Good Man Down Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings

Driving: A Forest Nouvelle Vague

Flashback: E.M.P.T.Y. The Clientele

Getting Back Together: Mind Your Own Business Delta 5

Birth Of Child: Saiyan Re Saiyan Asha Bhosle

Wedding Scene: Super Bike The Fat Truckers

During Sex: What More Can I Do The Zombies

Showering: Luzia Luluza Gilberto Gil

Popping A Zit: Tommy Twinkle

Looking In The Mirror: It's So Obvious Wire

Night On The Town: Algo Mais Os Mutantes

Walking: Snooze Lali Puna

Fighting With A Friend: I'm a Ghost Ted Leo & The Rx

Final Battle: Laissez Tomber Les Filles France Gall

Death Scene: On My Own Quix*o*tic

Funeral Song: Lonesome Billy Ennio Morricone

End Credits: Boss Tres Bien Quartette Tres Bien

One last song. I can't stop this: Till The End of The Day The Kinks

While new machine was a little all over the place stylistically and I think there are some rough spots, there're are a couple of funny moments here.

If you'd like a copy of my life soundtrack, let me know. Although, I may need a few days to figure out what the cd booklet of my life would look like.

No comments: