Thursday, November 15, 2007

je suis seule ce soir avec l'internet/downtown

I was bopping around the net and, don't ask me how, but I found out that today is Petula Clark's 75th birthday. As far as I'm concerned, a 75th birthday is worth celebrating, non? So, happy birthday, Petula! Not that I support Françoise Hardy stealing the birthday girl's thunder, but I found this clip of Petula and her yé-yé contemporaries Sylvie Vartan and Françoise Hardy singing a medley of hits. And how cool is Françoise (the one on the right wearing the, what looks like, alligator dress)? I really like the choices too — Le Temps de L'amour, Je Suis D'accord et Je N'attends Plus Personne (at the -5 minute mark with the fuzz guitar).

I'd thought about showing a clip of Downtown, by far my favorite of Petula Clark's hits, but alas, I was wooed by Françoise Hardy! (If you make it to the end of this clip, you can scroll the videos and watch Petula Clark sing Downtown amid a bevy of svelte, downtown dancers).

No comments: